8.07.2012

Pinterest Recipe Reviews

If you follow me on Pinterest, you know that I pin more recipes than probably anything else. And I have come nowhere near trying out even a fraction of those recipes, but I thought it would be fun to occasionally review some of the recipes that I have tried.

By the way, my "Desserts and Sweet Breads" board has 98 pins on it. Out. Of. Control! I bet I have tried less than half a dozen of those recipes, but you better believe I'm gonna keep on pinning. Oh, and I think it would be kind of fun to have my friends go to that board and each pick a treat for me to make them. I really do love to bake, but can't afford to have them all sitting around my house waiting to be devoured. So friends, PLEASE take me up on this offer!

Anyways...I have gotten in the habit of deleting recipes that we haven't enjoyed, so this post will primarily be about recipes that have become staples around our house. (Click on recipe title for pictures and the actual recipe...I'm a SLOW learner and still haven't figured out how to copy a picture from a website and paste it on my Mac.)

Baked Spaghetti
I think this is far and away one of our favorite Pinterest recipes. This is super easy and fast to make...I can throw it together in under 30 minutes. I also like this one because I typically have 95% of the necessary ingredients already in our pantry or fridge (spaghetti, spaghetti sauce, onion, green pepper). And now that I make it every couple of weeks I often have some of the other ingredients on hand too. This is great on its own, but can easily be made a more complete meal with the addition of a garden salad. And if you really don't care about your hips garlic bread would be nice too.

Crockpot Babyback Ribs
I was really skeptical about this recipe the first time I made it, but these babies are GOOD! I'm not kidding, it takes less than 5 minutes to throw these puppies together. The only downside to this meal is that it isn't exactly cheap to make. We like to buy our ribs from The Fresh Market and I'm pretty sure it typically costs me between $20-$30 for a slab (can't exactly remember). So this is one of those once in a while meals for us, but well worth it when you pull them out of your crock pot and the meat is falling off the bone!

Creamy Orzo with Asparagus and Parmesan
I made this a couple of weeks ago as a side dish and couldn't believe how quick and easy it was. One thing I love about this recipe (besides being easy to make) is that you could easily customize it to your liking. It would be great with broccoli or even with some peas tossed in there. I also appreciated how few ingredients it required. We will be making this again soon - probably to complement some grilled chicken.

I would be remiss if I didn't include a couple of sweet things...

No Bake Strawberry Ice Box Cake
This was definitely not the fastest recipe to make, but it was easy to make and very yummy. The perfect summer dessert. Adam and I were eating the fresh made whipped cream by the spoonful. I'm pretty sure we could have eaten the whole bowl if our self control hadn't kicked in. I will definitely make this again in the future. It was light (tasting) and refreshing. Just what a summer dessert should be.

No Bake Energy Bites
I haven't made these in a while and just typing the words makes me want to make them again soon. These would make a great after school snack for your kids. They are simple and again, I love that you can be a little flexible with the ingredients and customize them to your own tastes. They are also great for hiding things that are good for you (flax seed, chia seed if that's your thing), but they still taste great. I mean coconut, chocolate, peanut butter, honey - what's not to like?!? And if you don't like one of those ingredients, you can easily leave it out.

From everything that I read about blogging, pictures are key so I do apologize that I don't have any tonight. If you would like to follow me on Pinterest, you can find me under rachel322.

Let me know if you try any of these recipes out and what you think of them. And I would love to know what your "Go To Pinterest Recipes" are as well!


2 comments:

  1. The baked spaghetti recipe looks super delicious! I'm definitely going to have to try that one and maybe the energy bites, too. I always see recipes for healthy cookies/ energy bars and don't try them because I'm not sure if they'll taste a little too healthy. This one looks pretty well rounded. I have tried a few recipes on pinterest that I think are pretty simple and delicious too. One is made with Philadelphia Italian cheese and herb sauce: http://www.plainchicken.com/2012/02/baked-penne-and-50-grocery-card.html#more
    I've also had a lot of tortillas on hand lately so I tried making these skinny girl cheeseburger wraps http://millerfamilyorganizer.blogspot.com/2011/09/grilled-cheeseburger-wraps.html
    and southwest chicken wraps: http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2009/09/crispy-southwest-chicken-wraps.html
    Both were fantastic and everyone I served them to loved them, too. Hope you end up enjoying them if you try them as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I will have to try those...thanks for sharing! I'm always game for a wrap. Oh, and the energy bites really are so good and don't taste all that healthy. Ha!

      Delete