10.02.2012

31 Days: Journaling our Everyday Life - Days 1 & 2

Technically yesterday, being October 1st, was Day 1 so today I will cover two days.

Day 1: Monday, October 1st

Okay, to be quite honest, today was a complete bust. I'm not entirely sure what her deal was, but Adeline was out of sorts all day long. She certainly has fussy, whiny moments on a daily basis, but when she spends the entire day at her whits end I can't help but think it is because she doesn't feel well. So here is about how the day went:

She woke up happy and that lasted all of about 5 minutes. Then she cried and threw fits for about the next 4 hours until we showed up at music class. For 45 minutes she ran around and danced and generally had a grand old time. Then we came home and she basically didn't each lunch. This was quickly followed by a decent nap (queue the Hallelujah chorus). And then the nap ended...womp, womp! Again, the next 4 hours involved lots of fit throwing. Around 3:45 I took her outside because she LOVES watching all of the parents and little kids head to the school bus stop to wait for its arrival. So when she wanted to walk towards the school bus stop I let her. And then I wouldn't let her play in the street at the bus stop and OH THE HUMANITY! Then it started to rain and back inside we went.

This was the scene around 5:15 when I tried to feed her a nice balanced dinner consisting of homemade meatballs, vegetables, and I can't even remember what else (you will quickly see why I have chosen to try to forget about this meal)...


Trust me, the feeling was completely mutual at this point. This is a lousy picture, but notice how she has segregated her carrots from the asparagus and corn? She didn't eat any of it, but it was like she was offended that I even placed carrots in front of her. After this little charade, I hauled her outside, strapped her into the jogging stroller, and we walked for 45 minutes.

After putting her to bed I did come downstairs and opened up two packages to reveal this cuteness.


She might give me a run for my money, but it is awfully fun dressing a little girl!

Day 2

Today was a MUCH better day. Adeline was up in the middle of the night again, but a fresh diaper and a few minutes of cuddling and she went back to sleep relatively quickly. Unfortunately I didn't get back to sleep as quickly, so imagine my horror when I didn't wake up until 8:30! I'm sure Adeline had been awake for at least an hour at this point, but she usually just stays content in her crib until we come get her. I normally wake up when she makes the slightest peep, but not today I guess.

I know I already mentioned this on Facebook, but by noon today I felt like Wonder Woman. We had already been to the grocery store, come home and put the groceries away, made a double batch of a casserole that I know Adeline will eat so I could bake one tonight and freeze one for later use, and also had the kitchen cleaned up and the dishes done.

The most incredible part of this was that Adeline stayed in good humor through it all. I love days like this. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with Adeline and playing with her. BUT, she is not the best at playing independently. If I'm in the kitchen, she is usually in there with me, tearing things out of the cabinets and drawers or taking every canned good out of my pantry. And if she isn't doing that, she is at my legs fussing for my attention.

So when I have 30-45 minutes of time to get things done while she plays contentedly by herself, I am SO thankful. Here is a peek at what she did while I was cooking today...


Like I said, the girl likes to empty out the pantry. Seriously though, I love that she is really starting to understand creative play and role playing. I need to do an update exclusive to Adeline soon, but it is absolutely incredible to see how observant she is of the things I do. She will watch me do something once and days later I will see her mimicking the exact same thing.

After her nap this afternoon we ran a few errands until it was time to come home and get things ready for dinner. And thankfully tonight she ate...even if I did have to hide her green beans in bites of the casserole I made.

After I put her down tonight Adam got home and I was able to take a long walk with my friend Katie who lives down the street. And it's a good thing because after I got home Adam went to Sweet Frog to get us frozen yogurt. Yum!

And that, my friends, is what we have been up to. Bored yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment