10.16.2012

Days 10-16: Busy

I have obviously fallen off the bandwagon of blogging each day for the month of October, but I have thought about it every day so that counts for something. Right? I don't know what it is about October, but every single year this month is crazy busy. Our calendar fills quickly and I feel like we have such limited time to take advantage of all the fun fall activities that are offered around here (apple picking, visiting the pumpkin patch, Halloween parties, etc.)

So here are a few lots of pictures of some of the things that have kept us busy in the past week.


Adeline has been busy wearing her shoes over her pajamas. She insists. Every. Single. Morning.


We have been busy meeting friends for lunch and eating black beans (can ya tell?)


We have been busy meeting other friends for a morning of fun at Maymont park. At least this part was fun, the part where I attempt to enjoy a picnic lunch with my daughter and our friends? Yeah, not so fun. Adeline doesn't quite, shall we say, appreciate picnic lunches yet.


We have been busy visiting our favorite nursery and bringing home some pretty fall blooms for our front porch and flower beds. Adeline acted as quality control making sure this wagon could safely transport our goods.


I have gladly been busy baking these beauties for some friends. So yummy! I currently have 3 different chocolate chip cookies recipes that are all slightly different that I all love. It is fun to switch things up every once in a while. Oh, and I can't even begin to tell you how much I love my Silpat baking mats.


We have been busy finalizing some plans for a little house project. This picture is just a teaser. And no, it has nothing to do with our kitchen :)


On Sunday, we headed downtown to enjoy the last couple hours of the Richmond Folk Festival. Adeline got moving to a great blues band for a few minutes, but then she was ready to move on to bigger and better things. And by that I mean I spent an hour letting her push her own stroller, watching her step up and down and up and down a curb, and generally trying to keep her out of the path of lots of people and fast moving golf carts. Fun times. Oh, and I will never again judge people who put their kids on leashes in busy public places. I get it now.


Throw in some cleaning, yard work, cooking, laundry, and time spent outside enjoying this awesome weather and that, my friends, is what days 10-16 have been all about.

This week and next week are just as busy, but I do hope to be a little more diligent with my 31 day posts. See ya soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment