10.08.2012

Days 7 & 8: Let's talk footwear

Day 7:

We followed our typical Sunday routine today: church, lunch, naps, and relaxation.

Perhaps the most noteworthy part of the day was that due to a drastic drop in temperature, I had good reason to pull these bad boys out of my closet...


Ah, boots. It's funny, in March I can't wait to slip on a pair of Havaianas (my favorite flip flops ever!), but by September I can't wait to pull on a pair of cozy boots. And this pair just happens to be my favorite.

Day 8:

Typical Monday today, which included music class this morning. Right before we left for music class I changed Adeline's diaper and put her in the car with a snack and her sippy cup. I grabbed a suit of Adam's to drop off at the dry cleaners on our way and decided that it wasn't necessary to bring the diaper bag because we were literally going to music class and coming home and would be gone for a mere 90 minutes. When will I learn?

When we arrived at music class and I got Adeline out of her car seat I immediately noticed that she had leaked through her diaper and onto her pants and car seat. Oops! Thanks to a couple of other moms I was able to get her in a dry diaper and a clean pair of pants. (Thanks Lauren A. and Lauren L.!) Maybe I learned my lesson this time. Maybe.

After her nap, I took Adeline to a local Stride Rite store in order to use a Living Social deal I had bought and to find her a pair of "church" shoes for this winter. I put her in a pair of shoes on Saturday for the wedding we attended and several hours after putting them on her I noticed her feet were blue because the shoes were so tight they were cutting off her circulation. Yep, another fine mother moment on my part. Anyways, each time the nice lady at the shoe store laid a finger on Adeline's foot she would start crying. Oh the horror!

The good news is we did find a sweet little pair of shoes that will be great with all of her winter dresses and skirts. We had to order her size so I can pick them up next week. Oh, and by "sweet little pair of shoes" I mean that Adeline's foot has grown two whole sizes in the past 3 months. I guess that explains why her circulation was cut off.

Adeline really loves shoes and brings us her shoes and our shoes frequently to put on. It is hard not to indulge her :) Haha! So for fun, here are a few pairs that I have my eyes on for her.
{Source}
Gotta love a classic pair of Keds...and I love this neutral silver color.
{Source}
A little impractical? Yes. But these Minnetonka Moccasin boots are so cute! And true story, I was born close to Minnetonka, Minnesota where this company originated. Maybe that's a sign that Adeline needs these, you know, because they are a part of her history. So maybe I am stretching things a bit, but still, can you handle the cuteness?!? I think these would look great for our fall photo shoot.

And finally, how sweet are these pink and white saddle shoes? I don't think we are quite ready for shoelaces yet, but I do love these.

{Source}
And with that, the footwear discussion comes to end. Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment