2.10.2013

Oh that's right, I have a blog

I am currently bowing my head in shame...it has been nearly 3 months since I have uttered a single word on this old blog of mine. In typical Rachel fashion, I will think of something I want to blog about, fail to write that idea down, and then forget about blogging altogether in the meantime. And while I would love to say that 2013 is going to be the year I blog with consistency, that's probably not true. Afterall, it is February 10th...2013 didn't exactly roll in yesterday.

All that being said, I thought I would jump on tonight and just share a few things.

So Adam has started traveling a little more frequently for work. I think it is a great learning experience for him, and I think he enjoys it and is doing a great job out on the road from the sound of things. He was gone a couple of weeks ago for a few days. Last week he was gone again and returned Thursday night. He hopped on a plane again this morning and doesn't return until Wednesday night. I think this is a bit of an adjustment for Adeline and me too. Before having Adeline, I really didn't feel any anxiety when Adam would travel, but I will admit that now it causes me some anxiety. I think my biggest fear is that I will get really sick and not be able to take care of Adeline and no one will be there to help me. It's not like I can call my mom and ask her to come over for a bit. I know it's silly, because I am sure there are a dozen people here who would be willing to jump in to assist. This is why I need to be medicated people! Keeping it real, as always.

I just read a really funny book called Sparkly Green Earrings by Melanie Shankle over at Big Mama blog. I recommend it to all you moms of little ones. It is a lovely, funny, candid account of motherhood. Not only did I laugh out loud, a lot, but I also found it to be encouraging during this season of being a mommy.



In one short week Adeline will be 21 months old. What?!?!???!!! I know, I can't believe it either. There is really just zero baby left in her, which is a little hard for my mama heart to handle. That being said, she is a trip and as challenging as I am finding toddlerhood to be, she really is just so funny. I am hoping to jump back on here with a 21 month post. There is just so much I want to remember about this stage and I haven't done an Adeline update in, um, a long time. Anyways, I have a feeling there are lots of new milestones ahead of us in the months to come...think potty training, paci weaning (not going well so far), and transitioning to her big girl room. I am most excited about that last part. Well, not the part where she is no longer contained by the 4 walls of her crib, but the part where I get to decorate her big girl room. Remember, we didn't know what we were having until I gave birth, so her nursery was a pretty blank slate until after she was born. And then I had a newborn and quickly ran out of steam once curtains were up and a few things were hung on the wall. I think her big girl room will be tons more fun to plan!



That's all for tonight. I really am hoping to be back on here more often. Really so I can keep track of what we are up to as a family. Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment