10.18.2012

Day 18: Mimicry, Momentos, and Motivation

And that, my friends, is what I like to call alliteration. Well, technically I didn't call it alliteration, that is just what it is. The point is that catchy titles aren't my strong suit, but hey, I try!

Really this post is full of a bunch of random stuff, but I thought the "M"s  were a bit more grabby than "bunch of random stuff".

• Remember yesterday in Adeline's 17 month post how I mentioned that she is big into mimicking me? Here is further proof...

I realize these pictures are poor quality, but after we got home from MOPS this afternoon she insisted on walking around in my black flats for several minutes. It was so funny.


And this evening while we were waiting on Adam to get home, I quick pulled out my Swiffer to get some dust off of the hardwoods and before I made any progress someone else insisted on sweeping. She actually did a decent job...hmmm...I might need to take advantage of this eagerness more often!



• This is going to sound crazy, but even though I love that Adeline is now at home with me, on occasion we will visit friends homes whose kids are in school or a daycare center, and I get slightly jealous when I see all of the cute pieces of artwork they have displayed on their fridge or mantel. Things like Mother's Day cards or fun seasonal crafts. I know that Adeline will be bringing home plenty of those things in no time, but yeah, I guess I'm crazy like that.

Anyways, imagine my delight when I picked Adeline up from her classroom this morning at MOPS and as I was leaving they told me to pick up her craft at the door. What?!? A craft?!? I was probably overly excited, but it was so fun bringing something home that she helped make. And they insisted that each child helped glue and stamp.


(By the way, this is the "Kelvin" filter on Instagram. And I love the raw border, but I hate how it turns everything an unnatural shade of yellow. Such a shame!)

• Am I the only person who hates it when you get one of those little packets of Whoppers out of the Halloween candy bag, and when you open it discover that it only contains 2 Whoppers instead of the 3 it is supposed to have? Anyone?

• I have really only added one new TV show to my fall lineup, but one of the things I love when new series start is seeing actors pop up who I love from other shows. For example, Luke and Laura Spencer's son, Lucky (General Hospital), is in that new Nashville show. I watched GH for a couple years in middle school (thanks big sis!) and haven't seen that actor in a LONG time. Another example, Andre Braugher played Thomas in Glory (one of the best movies ever!) and he is now in the new series Last Resort. I am not watching Last Resort, but I have been watching Nashville and simultaneously having a serious case of hair envy when it comes to Connie Britton's locks.

Moving on...

• While playing in the basement this afternoon Adeline climbed up onto Adam's desk chair and started talking on the phone...err...computer mouse.


Cute! Oh, and remember that teaser picture in this post? Well, it has something to do with this picture :)

• And finally, because I have to pull the "motivation" part of the title into this post somehow, I have several house projects I want to get done before Christmas, but I'm having trouble finding the will and motivation to get them jump started. I don't know why I decide things need to get done "now" as we head into the busiest time of the year. I am really good at creating more stress for myself!

Hope you all had a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment